- Drainage Area: 10,169 square miles.
- Length: The San Juan/Dolores Basin is located in the southwest corner of Colorado.Major tributaries include San Miguel River, Animas River, and La Plata River.
- Largest cities/towns in the basin:
- Durango (pop. 15,213)
- Cortex (pop. 8,328)
- Land use: Agricultural, mining, recreation, tourism, retirement/second home
- Storage-Major reservoirs:
- McPhee Reservoir - 381,100 ac-ft
- Vallecito Reservoir 129,700 ac-ft
- Lemon Reservoir - 40,100 ac-ft
- Major Exports from Basin:
- San Juan Chama Project - 89,832 ac-ft (annual average diversion)
Sources: San Juan/Dolores River Facts and San Juan/Dolores/San Miguel Fact Sheet
Source: Colorado Geological Survey- Groundwater Atlas