As you only have three minutes to give your presentation, planning and practice are key. Here are a few tips to keep in mind:
- Have a plan.
- "If you fail to plan, you are planning to fail." - Benjamin Franklin
- Consider your audience.
- Avoid jargon and technical terms
- Less is more.
- Have one visual per slide -- only one idea per slide
- Limit text on slides.
- What words you do have should be large enough to be viewed from a distance.
- Practice and time yourself.
- Practice, practice, practice.
Slide-Talk.com Elie Diner
Tips for Lightening Talks Blog Entry
Ten Simple Rules for Short and Swift Presentations PLoS